So, a long time after building the Boldport Club String, I decided to read the source .. and discovered I totally missed the fact that it has a demo mode!
I started out reading the source to learn more about the tricks James Hutchby used to implement the Karplus-Strong algorithm, but I was quickly distracted and decided first to make some new demo tracks..
After first confirming I could burn the original source, and of course wanting to avoid trascribing by hand in assembler, I got this workflow going:
Guitar Pro > MusicXML > stringyfi Ruby gem > MPLAB X IDE > PICkit 3 > Stringy!
Here’s the new demo in action..