Happily, it deployed just as easily as the original Axis, as I reported in a previous post.
Deployment of the Axis2 webapp is a little different, but just as straightforward. This is what I did:
- Download the Standard Binary Distribution and explode into a local folder
- In the $AXIS2_HOME/webapp directory, use ant to build the war file: ant create.war
- This creates the $AXIS2_HOME/dist/axis2.war file
- edit $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/home/config/application.xml to add <web-module id="axis2" path="file:/d:/axis2/dist/axis2.war"/>
- edit $ORACLE_HOME/j2ee/home/config/http-web-site.xml to add <web-app application="default" name="axis2" root="/axis2"/>
And that's it. Axis2 up and running in my OC4J home at http://localhost/axis2/